Wednesday 26 November 2008

When Was The Last Time..?

As shares in Woolworths have been suspended on the London Stock Exchange, I got to think when was the last time I actually bought anything in this once great retailer?

Then again a quick poll of friends and family has revealed the same. Used to be you would make 'Woolies' your first port of call when out shopping- the place where you could buy almost anything- now it's more like a last resort when all else has failed. I know there's a worldwide slowdown (and a lot of once great names are being humbled) and we mustn't forget the www has had an effect. Other retailers have moved into Woolworths' territory; I've been hearing rumblings of difficulties there for nearly a year now and I can't help but wonder just what's gone wrong?


Sarah Jane's coming back for a third season, yea!


Cardiff 2 - 2 Reading

No comments: