Sunday 2 November 2008

Ka-Pow!

In no particular order:

Took a short trip today to South Hill Park Arts Centre to the tiny 60 seat cinema they have there to see The Dark Knight. Pretty good, if a little long and couldn't help but nearly shout "No!" as ...... got ...... half way through. Batman fans will know what I mean. As expected Heath Ledger was pure brilliance. My only criticism being that for a certificate 12, it seemed extremely violent. Or am I just getting old?

Tomorrow night I start my photography course. Yea! Which reminds me I ran into someone from the ceramics group at the cinema last Wednesday, purely by chance. Long time no see but it was good to catch up briefly and confirm we'll both be present at the potting bench in January. Are we really that close to 2009 already, it doesn't seem true.

The Royals traveled west on the M4 yesterday to Bristol to play City. Reading came home with the points after a 1-4 victory. Nice.

Rain stopped play Saturday, or at least canceled the fireworks and bonfire Little Lad was pining his hopes on. It meant he wasn't able to hold his Grandad's hand and tell him there was nothing to be scared of LOL. Maybe next week.

I did manage my now weekly walk around the Uni lake today, despite the weather. Feeling better but I'm not sure the weight is shifting. Hey ho.

In Formula One, Briton Lewis Hamilton has just become the youngest ever world champion, despite finishing fifth in the Brazilian Grand Prix. Also across the great watery divide today, Paula Radcliffe takes the women's New York marathon title for the third time. Well done to both.

My dvd choices for entertainment this evening are The Claws Of Axos or Ironman. Which should it be?

No comments: