Thursday 27 November 2008

Whoops!

Have you ever played a practical joke only to see it fall completely flat? Well I have, shall I go on?

This morning a colleague- J- stopped by for a brief chat before getting to her desk. J and I get on quite well and you could say have found a common level of gentle teasing. You get the picture. Anyway after she had gone to her desk, I noticed she'd left her car key behind.

Now I really don't know what came over me but I thought it would really be a neat idea to hide her car, one of the new style Mini's (or an Estate Agent's car as we call them). So that's just what I did: went and found where she'd parked, had my ear-drums destroyed by the volume that greeted me from the stereo and then drove it round two sides of the building to a new parking space. Bad Dobby.

I then went back inside, played dumb (not hard I hear you say) and handed the key back to J saying she'd left it behind. J usually goes out most lunchtimes, often on errands for her husband and kids etc, so I didn't think it would be many hours before the jape would be discovered and- more importantly- she would find it funny.

However...

What I didn't bank on was another colleague arriving late and unable to find a parking space, simply parked behind J's car, completely blocking it in. This person then promptly went to an all-day meeting. Needless to say I was not popular. Not the person who had illegally parked, oh no, just me. Bad, bad Dobby.

And speaking of Dobby, well... maybe I'll save that for another post.

No comments: