Sunday 4 March 2012

So Soon?*

*Or why I am giving up college again.




In happier times.















My poor car- sometimes referred to as the Dirtmobile- has been a bit poorly of late. I've had it for 9 years now, from new and I'm afraid they just don't build them to last. Anyway the car and I have experienced this past month a rather bad run of expenses/costly repair bills, at just over £900 (about US/AU $1350) all told.

I've a nasty suspicion there will likely be more work necessary in the coming months so I think probably this year I'll have to bite the bullet and say goodbye to my trusty transport and hello to a shiny new set of wheels. Either way my return to college and pottery is going to be short lived, which is a real shame. Having got my hands back in the clay and starting to produce some pleasing forms, I have realised just how much I missed ceramics. The trouble is, I just can't afford the term fees and car repairs/replacement all at the same time.

Obviously I will post images of the finished work in the coming weeks but don't expect too much before another break.

1 comment:

TeresaB said...

I feel your pain about the ride. I just had to put some money into mine. I've already started doing some research to decide what I want to buy next. Bad news about having to drop the pottery, but looking forward to what you've done lately.