Sunday 11 March 2012

Just Like Summer..?

Did you see the weather in England today? It was 15 degrees Celsius in my back garden this afternoon and when I went out briefly to run some errands, I actually saw a man walking down the road with his shirt off. In March. I kid not.

Just for the record the warmest place in the UK today was in Nottinghamshire, where 19 degrees Celsius (around 62 degrees F) was noted. It's not even officially Spring yet.

(And yes I have today taken the precaution of retrieving the short trousers out of storage.) 

I've also been been catching up on recent episodes of Top Gear. Try to find the one with the jet pack Rocket Man racing at 120mph (193kph) against a Seat rally car around the Welsh hillsides. Just mad but totally riveting. It's also the one with Matt Smith. Quite a nifty driver.

And finally yesterday Reading FC pulled off a win against visiting Leicester. The Royals are now on equal points with second placed West Ham but thanks to goal difference remain in third.

10 March Reading 3 - 1 Leicester

One more thing: you can't beat home-made banana and raisin bread pudding. Mmmm. 

No comments: