Friday 9 March 2012

Mr Vincent Is Not On This Number

I've been receiving of late what I can only describe as nuisance calls to my mobile (cell) phone. I've had at least three this week at various times of the day and a good number in the previous weeks.











They keep asking for Mr Vincent. That's not me and I've had the same mobile number for at least 10 years so I can't imagine why they keep calling. Every time I inform the caller (male and female, it varies) they have the wrong number, they terminate the call promptly but you can bet another call won't be more than a couple of  days away.

I suspect from their manner it's a debt collection agency and on one occasion the caller claimed to be representing a company called Stevenson Drake, although I can find no trace on Google, and of course they withhold their number.

My phone company could only suggest I change my number, but I don't see why I should be inconvenienced by having to update everyone with a new number, or call the police. I've chosen the latter for the time being. Let's see what the boys and girls in blue can do. And I even have a Crime Number dontchaknow.

Unless anyone out there in the Blog-sphere has an alternative solution..?

No comments: