Wednesday 29 April 2009

Return To Sender?

The end of last week I got notified via my postman that someone had tried to send me something but there was a 30p shortfall on the postage. For out of towners that's about around 45c (US), 60c (AU). As a result Royal Mail expected the recipient (me) to pay the shortage plus an admin fee of £1.00 before they would deliver. Hardly fair but if it's something you really want, kind of (regretfully) acceptable and you can always take it up with the sender later. So imagine my annoyance when I finally received this unsolicited flier/junk mail...
















Seems to me this handling fee is an unfair levy on the poor recipient who has done nothing wrong and basically a licence for Royal Mail to print money. Next time I'll know better and let the post office return to sender.




Oh, I thought I'd post a sneak tease image of my work last night at college. Can you guess what it is yet LOL?

2 comments:

TeresaB said...

it's a hat with a very sharp top! Ok, bad guess, but my brain hasn't recovered from the cruise and the fact that I've been sick since coming home. So, what is it? Looks like it would be very cool.

Ceramix said...

An interesting guess but you'd certainly know about it if you wore this on your head. It's a tad heavy.

It's waiting for Bisque firing now, then it can get glazed and all will become clear...