Sunday 21 October 2007

Dumbledore is Gay


So J K Rowling has said that Albus Dumbledore is gay. She's the author, he is her creation so I guess she has every right to say whatever she wants about him.
I've even read she's had to put the folks behind the next film straight, as they seemed set to write him a little piece of backstory that would have given him a female former love. Well that sure wasn't in the books so I'm with her on that but equally I don't recall reading anything to really suggest the Head of Hogwarts School was Gay, Straight or Bi. I've always preferred to make up my own mind.
It's great J K has the confidence to make a statement like this but in the same way we are clear on Harry's sexual preference why couldn't she have made Dumbledore's position clear in the books? Or were Rowling and the publishers worried it would have hurt sales I wonder?
Was it necessary for J K to announce this now? What next- that Haggid has a liking for Blast Ended S.... no don't even go there. LOL




21 Oct 07 David says: My response: "so what"? So what if he's gay or he likes peanut butter on fried pickles, what difference does it make?

No comments: