Sunday 23 February 2014

Defying Gravity

Had a last minute trip out to see the current 3D cinematic blockbuster, Gravity.

Apparently it's a "British" film, so I felt it important I show support for the home grown product. Despite the cast being American and the funding coming from across the pond, because it was made in the UK using (I believe) an exclusively British film crew and visual effects company it counts as one for the UK. Yes the Director was Mexican but he's been based in England for over ten years. There you go.

Anyway an absolutely brilliant film, that started strongly and kept me gripped all the way through. My only gripe would be with the cinema itself. Why did they see fit to put on the main overhead lights around 5 seconds before the final frame? Killed the mood somewhat grrr.


2 comments:

geeky Heather said...

The same thing happened to us when we saw it here! We reported it to the manager and were told that the film distributor tells them the running time and they program their lights to come up based on that. I wonder if the running time was incorrect....

Ceramix said...

A theory that fits all the facts as we know them. At least then it might not have been down to my cinema just trying to clear out "those pesky customers" lol.