Sunday 9 February 2014

Those Plastic Building Blocks

Some of us never grow up or are we just in touch with our inner child?

Either way I took LL to the cinema today to see an advance screening of the LEGO Movie. What fun! From start to finish it was building block action that had me laughing the whole way. I had read that the team behind this CGI epic had ensured their creations could only do the things genuine LEGO could, so no special morphing powers or anything rubbish like that.



These guys live on top of my Fridge. How sad am I LOL?












I suspect the makers are long time enthusiasts- the attention to detail was incredible, with some lovely touches for fans of all ages. And lots of different LEGO characters, vehicles and so forth from across their varied ranges and sets. The story itself seemed to owe a lot to (grown-up) films like The Matrix I felt, which appealed to me but didn't seem to put off the kids in the audience. In fact you could say the world this was set in was so fantastical you could imagine children the world over creating these imaginary adventures.

Totally awesome.

No comments: