Sunday 19 August 2012

Tubular

One of the (minor) consequences of watching the televised coverage of the opening ceremony of that London event is that I was reminded just how much I used to love the music of Mike Oldfield. What better way I thought to myself to be reminded how good it was- while brewing beer (more later)- than to dust down my trusty copy of Tubular Bells? Well a digitally remastered version on CD which was released a few years back to be truthful. I do still own a vinyl copy, from the dark ages, but nothing to play it on at present.






Number one with a sibling. That is in deed the voice of Severus Snape on the second one*. 













The main thing of course is to find time at actually sit and appreciate it, without disturbances. Oh and to play it very loud. Pity the neighbours LOL.

* Viv Stanshall of the wonderfully named Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band provided MC duties on the 1970's original, fact fans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hearing about the beer brewing. I hope you are using a can of "Harris".