Wednesday 23 March 2011

Things That Make Me Go "Grrrr"

In no specific order:
  • I sometimes truly worry this (once) great country is becoming a nation of half-wits. For example it really grates with me when I hear the word "nuffink" instead of "nothing." If we can't express ourselves correctly, what hope is there? The word "init" is another I have a love/hate relationship with. Then again why do nearly all teens try to express their individuality by sounding like every other teen and use some sort of rap/gang speak? Learn to speak proper, just like what I does lol.
  • Yesterday I nearly ran a woman over in my car. I was turning right at a mini round-a-bout and was part way through the manoeuvre when without warning she stepped out from the kerb in front of me, totally oblivious to her surroundings. Now here's the best bit: she was pushing a pram with a baby inside. FFS! You won't hear me swear too often on this blog but you get my point. I sounded the horn, stopped to remonstrate with her and I know she heard me but she carried on as if nothing had occurred.
  • The European Union and the UK regulator OFCOM have ruled that mobile phone termination charges must be reduced. That is the fee companies charge each other (and ultimately pass on to end-users) for services such as international roaming (using your phone on another network, while travelling abroad). This is fine but these companies will seek to recoup the shortfall by other means, in order to maintain their profits. For example I've just been notified one service I use a lot will increase from 20p per minute (about 30c/min) to 92p per minute ($1.47/min). That helps me how?  
  • The kids in the rent-a-house behind me don't seem to understand the concept of "quiet." Every Saturday night their parents seem happy they are outside in the dark screaming the place down. These are teen and pre-teen children- shouldn't they be tucked up in bed? The clocks change this weekend, meaning our peaceful neighbourhood will be subject to disruption for longer. At least they are better than the Uni students who were there last year. It was definitely the party house then. Grrrr.
 Feel better now, I've got that off my chest

No comments: