Sunday 14 March 2010

Spring Approaches

Today really did look like Spring was just around the corner; the sun shining and temperatures reaching a relatively high, for this time of year, 12 degrees Celsius (about 54 degrees F). An ideal day in fact for a walk and some fresh air. Which is exactly what I did.

I hear the US put their clocks forward last night marking the start of daylight saving for them. Quite why it needs saving is beyond me. In the UK and I expect the rest of Europe, our clocks change next Sunday morning as the sun moves into the Northern Hemisphere. I'm not really sure what we gain by this time keeping slight of hand any more. It's not as if we're fighting a war and it's important to maintain a blackout and not use artificial lighting. Maybe someone can explain it to me and why we can't stay on Greenwich Mean Time all year long..? Either way it's lovely to think the better weather is on it's way.

As means of proving I didn't play couch potato all day, I thought I'd better share a couple of images I took this afternoon from the Reading University grounds. Enjoy.














1 comment:

wunderlust said...

Whereas those of us Down Under are very much looking forward to the onset of colder weather! We've had enough of daily temps averaging 33C (at midnight!)....

Roll on Winter!