Saturday 20 March 2010

Oi! Ginger!

Long standing readers to Mostly Harmless will know I absolutely adore all things ginger. Especially Ginger Beer. So you can imagine my delight when I discovered this in my local Waitrose supermarket. It's come all the way from our colonial cousins living in the Land Down Under. Can't wait to try a bottle later tonight. Strewth!



















And while on the subject of ginger-ness, my very own 'copper-top' in the form of LL (he gets it from his maternal Granddad) has been doing rather well lately. I have him every Saturday and in the mornings he goes to Gym club for an hour or so, where sadly (LOL) I can only join the other parents and watch from the balcony. He really enjoys it and while he's keen, he'll get all the encouragement I can give. They assess the kids about once a term to national gymnastic standards and I'm pleased to say that with some effort he's been able to progress, winning himself this lovely certificate.   














And this afternoon we popped along to the Wycombe Swan theatre where they were having an open day, including guided tours from back stage all the way up into the lighting gallery. Excellent fun and was totally free. Now that's not bad is it?















Since I'm on a bit of a blogging-roll... I found this recently, all the way from the New England area of the US. I used to have one on the back of my previous car, which didn't make a great deal of sense in the UK but you should have seen the faces of puzzled on-lookers! Maybe I should consider it again..?










While I think of it, we don't change our clocks in the UK until 28 March. I checked here on the government website, since there'd been a total lack of coverage this past week. Sorry for any panic/confusion caused LOL. Spring is still due to start tomorrow though.


Middlesbrough 1 - 1 Reading