Thursday 4 December 2008

Musings

In no particular order:

Apparently I am an Ancestor. Haven't been referred to as one of those before but I guess from the point of view of someone living in a former British colony, I suppose on one level it is an appropriate description. However I AM NOT ANCIENT no matter what anyone says to the contrary LOL.

I'm worried about Dad.

Little Lad had to have a second filling today, the poor boy. Apparently he was "big and brave" and the Dentist was very gentle, I am told. Yesterday he went to big school for the first time for a look-see. He told me he enjoyed it, the teacher was nice and some of his Pre-School friends who went up in September were there. He starts properly in January, just as he turns five. Quite a busy week for him so far.

I'm having trouble sleeping again. Not too sure why because I feel so tired, just can't settle. The woman down the road doesn't help. She clearly likes to be up and out every day well before it is decent to do so. Even if I get off to sleep I get woken at stupid O'Clock by the sound of her burglar alarm being set.

I've been enjoying reading the blog from a most unusual (for me) source. Many will probably have heard of it. The author can certainly tell a good story and their observations are always well thought out. I have found it entertaining and informative for the most part, although it's not necessarily for the faint-hearted LOL.

One unusual tradition I have at Christmas is that I meet with a friend and go out for a festive curry at a local Indian. Not long to wait now...

Every morning on my way to work I tend to see the same cars and vans on the same stretch of road or the same people going about their business. There's one guy I see waiting for a bus every day who may have certain problems- he always appears to be shouting at the traffic but anyway, he's a marker on my route. When he's not there it's most likely because I am late and his bus has picked him up. Haven't seen him for over a week now, hope he's OK. I worry.

Jools Holland's new cd is brilliant, from what I have heard of it. Remarkably I have also found myself ordering Seal's new one.

My employer has just been awarded the master license for a number of high profile toys and merchandise. Thanks to the credit crunch a number of well known brands and companies are really struggling and we've been fortunate enough to pick up a good amount of the spoils. We're not gloating over other people's misfortune but thankful that we continue to trade and could well go from strength to strength as a result of this news. Come July things could be very interesting.

The BBC has commissioned another series of the excellent Spooks, to be on screen this time next year. Thankfully, I don't think Spooks: Code 9 will back LOL.

No comments: