Sunday 20 April 2008

Ood Have Thought It?

Haven't I been good: Three weeks in and I haven't once mentioned just how good the new series of Doctor Who is. Whoops!

The stories so far have been great and production values higher than ever. Weren't the Ood great on Saturday? That set at the studios in Rome were absolutely fantastic last week and put to great use, doubling as Pompeii.

David Tennant has been spot-on as ever, quite manic and full of energy yet at the same time you are aware how sad and lonely his character really is. Catherine Tate as Donna gets better and better. Perhaps an older and more mature traveling companion than Rose or Martha, a refreshing change. I only cringe a little when she seems to slip into one of her comedy alter-egos and I pray the writers have resisted a "bovvered" moment. Don't get me wrong, I love her own show and most of the characters she has created but I don't want to see them in my favourite sci-fi show.

Next episode: The return of the war obsessed Sontarans, UNIT and Martha Jones. Can't wait.

No comments: