Thursday 3 April 2008

Higher, Higher!

Today I had my Workstation Health & Safety Assessment here in the office.

Like many, I'm sure, my pc was pushed to one corner of my desk at an angle so I had to turn and twist my spine to use it. Not good apparently. It's been moved to the centre of my desk so now if I want to write anything I have to twist round at an angle. If I want to speak to my co-worker I have to lean round my monitor.
Now I'm not a tall guy but apparently my chair was too low (although in fact it needs replacing ultimately). You need to have your knees bent at 90 degrees and your feet flat on the ground for correct posture.
Added to this my monitor was too low. I now have it raised using two lead-acid batteries from an electric scooter- sorted!

It was fine this morning so why does my back ache so much now? LOL

No comments: