Monday 7 March 2016

E-Shopping Woes

BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the BBC have just announced the closure of the wonderful BBCShop.com, due to falling physical sales. Or something like that.

As a TV Licence fee payer, this was a great place to buy all the merchandise I needed (no, wanted) while ensuring the profits went back to Auntie, to make more great shows and not into the pockets of tax avoiding multinationals. You know who I'm referring to.

Call me old fashioned but you know I actually like having a physical product like a DVD on the shelf. I know electrons in a digital library take up less space and are far more portable but that's not the point.

And BBCShop was often cheaper than the competition.

Oh well guess I'll have to "dust down" my inactive account with one of the big boys until they too pull the plug on all things physical.






No comments: