Saturday 23 July 2011

Saturday Night Thoughts

A few comments and observations:

  • 27 is far too young to die. It sadly didn't come as a surprise to hear Amy Winehouse has been found dead but nevertheless you have to concede that despite her troubles she was extremely talented.
  • As of yesterday LL is on summer holidays for around 6 weeks. He's now finished at the Infant school and in September, the start of year 3, will transfer to the Junior school.
  • I've been offered a job, after so long looking. All being well I start this coming week. Am feeling excited at the prospect, although starting early once again may come as a shock to my system.
  • Still not quite sure what has happened to the summer weather. Downpours one minute, glorious sunshine the next.
  • The death toll from Friday's Norwegian bombing and shooting spree now stands at over 90 confirmed. Can't imagine the horror.
  • I've heard rumours the rent-a-house round the corner is due to be filled with students again from September, grrrrr. Please can we have some quiet, sensible ones this time?
  • Just as I feared, the new series of Torchwood has so far proved to be a poor shadow of it's former self.
  • I've been eyeing up Kindles, iPads and similar of late. Is that bad of me?



Today at the park.

No comments: