Tuesday 4 January 2011

Bread And Butter

What better way to ward off the post-Christmas, Winter blues than a home-made pudding? Well the proof as they say will be in the eating but in the mean time may I present my very own Bread and Butter Pudding with Orange Marmalade...


















For those unfamiliar with this particular dessert let me explain. (This is my own variation of the recipe so I only have myself to blame) I used 5 slices of bread with the crusts removed which were buttered (and in this case also a generous serving of marmalade was applied). Each slice was divided into quarters and layered into the dish. To this I sprinkled around 70 grams of sultanas. Three large eggs were then combined with about half a litre of milk, two tablespoons of sugar and a healthy amount (about one teaspoon) of ground cinnamon. This was poured over the bread and allowed to stand for 30 minutes. A little bit more sugar was sprinkled over before finally it was baked in a pre-heated oven set to gas mark 4 (about 180C, 350F) for up to an hour, basically when the top appeared golden and crunchy.

Should serve four. We'll see. Anyone brave enough to pop round and sample?

And you never know, it might just take my mind off the rather large repair estimate for my car I've just been presented with LOL.


26 Dec Reading 4 - 1 Bristol City
28 Dec Hull 1 - 1 Reading
1 Jan Swansea 1 - 0 Reading
3 Jan Reading 2 - 1 Burnley

No comments: