Wednesday 19 March 2008

Work in Progress

I'll be posting images of the finished pots I brought home from college shortly. In the meantime I thought I would share pictures of my current work in progress. These are two pots I threw on the wheel last week and left in the wet room to dry a little, to leather hard.

Last night's work was non too taxing: turning away excess clay from the bases to form decorative foot rings and then, as I think I mentioned last week, distorting the pieces away from the regular round form. Hopefully you'll agree they look quite good.

Here's the end results...

















These are now back in the wet room to dry out more, before firing. College is now closed for an extended break firstly thanks to Easter and then due to the faux-Easter break in April, so I won't see these baby's again for a good few weeks.



















Arthur C Clarke, 1917- 2008.

1 comment:

TeresaB said...

Grant,
Love these shapes! Can't wait to see how you will glaze them, what colors you will use.