Wednesday 12 March 2008

Here's One I Made Earlier

OK I guess you probably had to have been brought on that great British institution known as Blue Peter to get that...

Returned home early from college last night Pot-less and with a bad headache. Why do I get so many on a Tuesday? I can confirm however I have glazed work in the kiln, so all being well I'll be posting images- no matter how good or bad- next week. Also managed to throw a couple of new pots before giving up. Once these are leather hard I'll turn the bases and then I might try distorting them in some manner. See what effects we get. Maybe more on that next week.

So there I was last night feeling sorry for myself sitting on my bed with a glass of soluable Solpadeine in one hand (maybe wine would sound better? LOL) when on tv came the first episode of the new Bionic Woman. I'm afraid I'm old enough to remember the original. For some reason as polished as this one is, it somehow lacked a certain charm and playfullness that maybe my befundled memory has conned me into thinking was present in the earlier version. Maybe the remaining 7 episodes scheduled on ITV2 will show a marked improvement? Mind you I hear audience figures in the US dropped away before the writer's strike and that it is unlikely to be recommisioned for another series.

On a similar note, the BBC has confirmed April will see the return of Doctor Who to our screens. Yea- can't wait! Sontarans, Agatha Christie, Pompeii, Billy Piper and maybe Davros, creator of the Daleks..? My money's on series 4 starting during the (late) Easter school holiday.

No comments: