Wednesday 1 March 2023

Cost Of Living

Wow- I've just been notified by my home broadband provider they will be increasing their charges by a whopping 15% with effect from 1st May. This will take my monthly charge to £68 (about USD 82 or AUD 121). Ouch. To add insult in injury, when the contract ends this coming November, the price is set to rise by a further (extortionate) 20%. All the while they are cutting services, such as the termination of their WiFi hotspots. 


It really doesn't pay to be a loyal customer, does it? They're almost as bad as insurance companies for punishing long standing clients.

Thankfully having announced the May increase, my provider has to give me the opportunity to terminate before they take effect. Think I'll be going to one of their rivals, where as a new customer I can get an introductory price at least 50% lower.





No comments: