Monday 15 May 2017

Up

I seem to be getting increasing annoyed with the (over) use of certain words or phrases.

For example I was listening last week to a female singer being interviewed and she seemed to pepper every sentence with at least 5 uses of the word "like." Get a dictionary, young lady, expand your vocabulary and set an example to your fanbase.

How many times has the phrase "up coming" been a substitute for "future" for goodnees sake? The latter is shorter and must be easier to say don't you think? Even on the radio this morning the weather reporter said "This up coming week..." hold on there was absolutely no need for "up" in that sentence, was there?

Please don't get me started on "experts" who, while being questioned in the media, start every response with "so." Grrrrr.

I think I need to go for a little rest in a darkened room.

No comments: