Sunday 28 August 2011

Soap Dodgers

Thank goodness very soon the great unwashed and other undesirables will be leaving the area for another year. Yes I am referring to the Reading Music Festival, held annually on the last weekend of August. 

















Many residents find the town centre at daytime to be a no-go area over this period, myself included. This year the noise at night has been particularly unbearable until quite late. I live around 5 miles (about 7 km) from the main site, yet I could hear it all very well, thank you.

Despite Reading Council's annual protestations that they will be tough on the organisers, that the costs of policing and clearing up will not be met by Tax Payers and that sound levels will be closely controlled and monitored, I can't help suspect the Council find this event far too lucrative and nothing will change.

I think next year I will go away for the weekend.

No comments: