Thursday 19 May 2011

Ten Pound Challenge

I've been set of the task today of trying to get my weekly shopping for under £10 (about US $16,  AU $15).















You can't get much but here's how I got on:

  • 2.27 l (4 pints) fresh semi-skimmed milk, £1.25
  • 500 g butter, £2.00
  • 925 g apples, £1.61
  • 1.02 g bananas, £0.80
  • 140 g sliced corned beef, £1.75
  • large wholemeal loaf (sliced), £0.47
  • 750 g cornflakes, £1.28
The total comes to £9.16, well done me. Dad and SM are due for a visit next week, I may therefore find my larder, freezer and fridge gets depleted but I intend to give this a go again next week.

And elsewhere...

I've had quite a lot of interest in my CV this week, you never know it might lead to a job!

Reading has been announced as one of the venues to be visited by the Olympic torch next year on it's way to the games in "that London." Might have to take LL along for a look-see.

No comments: