Sunday 15 May 2011

Curly Fries And Other Thoughts

  • Have you noticed the current trend of saying "Up Coming"? If we mean "Future" why not use it? It takes fewer letters after all.
  • I got asked yesterday by the lady living across from LL to help apply some eye drops to her poorly cat. Those beasties have sharp claws- I very nearly lost my left raspberry*. No really.
  • I now have three different varieties of potato growing in my garden: Rocket, Vales Emerald and Maris Piper. These are due to crop June, Aug/Sept and Aug/Oct respectively.
  • Ever heard someone say "I've not heard from you in ages"? If they were that concerned, why weren't they the first to pick up the phone or write an email? It works both ways don't you think?
  • Heard today that my great aunt (on Mum's side) died on Friday. She was the last living sibling of my Grandad.
  • As requested I returned to the Surgery for another Asthma check. This time I saw someone different and apparently "lung age" is a load of rubbish. Go figure.
  • The Royals need a win away at Cardiff on Tuesday if they are to proceed to the play-off final at Wembly. The no score draw at home last Friday in the first leg wasn't a good start.
  • Whoever dreamt up curly fries should be given an award. Oh so tasty and brings to mind some very fond memories.



King of the road (or path)? 















* Rhyming slang for... you can work it out, think about ice cream LOL.

No comments: