Sunday 22 August 2010

Ponderance

In no particular order...

  • This years A-Level exam results were announced this week and for the 28th year in a row, overall pass rates have improved. How does that work? Does that mean my (dim and distant) qualifications are worth more or less?
  • Have found something new (to me): Marmite Cereal Bars. Tasty? 
















  • Took LL to Windsor to the leisure centre for a swim and a play on the water slides, wave machine etc. Great fun. Couldn't get him out of the water.
  • Reading 1 - 1 Nottingham Forest. Another fumble from The Royals?
  • Doesn't seem true that Mum has been gone two years now.
  • I've been somewhat shamed by the fact I've fallen behind with my correspondence of late. Will try harder. Promise.
  • We took a trip to the cinema this week to see the Cameron Diaz/Tom Cruise action film 'Knight And Day.' Lots of fun and big on action set pieces but I'm not quite sure what the point was. Not convinced there much of a coherent story line to be honest. 















  • I have found that you're never too old to play Pooh Sticks.
  • So our cousins- the Aussies- have gone to the polls this week. Pity neither major party could field a "true blue Aussie" candidate for Prime Minister. All I can guess is that Australia must love us British more than they let on. Julia Gillard is from Barry in Wales, while Tony Abbott is from London. They could almost pass for 'Gavin And Stacy" don't you think LOL?    
  • While in Windsor, we took (another) ride on the Royal Windsor Wheel. It's one of the tallest wheels of it's type dontchaknow. And we had a pod to ourselves. Even better.














  • I seem to be reliving the music of my youth at the moment. Is that a bad thing? Have just bought "The Best Of Matt Bianco." 16 tracks of nostalgia.   
  • If the flag on the top of the castle is to be believed, HM the Queen was in residence. I wonder if she's ever been tempted to take a ride on the Wheel?

1 comment:

TeresaB said...

The trip to Windsor sounds lovely. I didn't realize there is a wheel there. What fun! I bet the view is fantastic. Another thing to put on my list to do when I finally get to make my trip across the pond.