Thursday 26 November 2009

Give Thanks

It's Thanksgiving in the United States today and I understand Americans wherever they are will be getting together with family, friends and colleagues to celebrate.

So what about the rest of of us? Shouldn't we also spend some time giving thanks for everything good we have? On the whole I'm sure most people reading this Blog probably have a pretty good life, I don't think it would hurt to acknowledge that fact.

Once again heavy flooding is affecting large areas of the north of England and Scotland, with the Cumbrian towns of Workington and Cockermouth receiving heavy media coverage as the worst hit. Perhaps I should give thanks that I don't live in either town?

How about never really knowing what it is to be hungry? Or that a fresh water supply is taken for granted?

But maybe what I am most thankful for is that Little Lad is a healthy, happy fellow who loves life and makes me proud every time I see him.



I too can do this LOL.











Anyone else want to share?

No comments: