Friday 2 October 2009

Drink NCIS

Regular visitors to this blog may recall I am rather partial to NCIS. So much so in fact, I'm currently managing between 5 and 6 repeat episodes per week thanks in the UK to CBS and Five. Repeats of this excellent series are usually far better than anything else on TV and that got me to thinking why exactly that is.

As far as I can see it's success is perhaps closely related to the fact that it sticks to a very strict formula, more so than many other series. You always know what to expect. Not that it isn't inventive or at times shocking just that there are certain signposts that get checked most episodes. So I thought how about turning this into an interesting challenge..?

So without further delay, ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce the NCIS Drinking Game.

1 Grab yourself a bottle of your favourite and a shot glass.
2 Pour yourself a measure and consume every time one of the following occurs:

  • Someone is referred to as "Probie"
  • Jimmy Palmer gets lost on the way to the crime scene
  • DiNozzo mentions a scene from a well known movie
  • Abby throws her arms around a co-worker or gets to show off her latest body art
  • Someone spills Gibbs' coffee
  • Ducky starts to reminisce on his past glories. Pour a double if he finishes the tale
  • Gibbs spends a moody but pivotal moment with his boat
  • Tony gets head slapped
  • Abby's farting Hippo makes it's presence heard
  • Someone makes an ill-timed reference to Jethro's private life
  • It is mentioned that the female agent used to guard the President or work for Mossad
  • McGeek is used as a substitute for the Timothy's surname
Hic. LOL

3 comments:

Oranjepan said...

Love it. I'm not an obsessive, but it does seem to be on when I'm around with a bottle of rum... I'll try to be careful!

TeresaB said...

And here I thought it was so good because of who plays Jethro, Ducky & DiNozzo. Silly me. (But I do LOVE this show and am eternally grateful for "onDemand" since my DVR decided not to record while I was away.)

Ceramix said...

And I demand series 6 as it's yet to screen on Terrestrial over here!