Wednesday 13 May 2009

Wayne's World

The current issue of SFX magazine (yes, I still prefer paper over virtual!) has an interview with Jeff Wayne, creator of the musical version of War of the Worlds, based on the HG Wells novel.

Reading the article reminded me just how good this classic from the 70's really is. Fantastic music and a strong cast featuring Richard Burton as the narrator, David Essex, Julie Covington and Phil Lynott. I just had to dig out my double CD! You can guess what I'll be listening to in my car for the next few days.

If you've never heard this or like me, haven't played it for a good few years, what are you waiting for?







Steve Coppell has stepped down as manager of Reading Football Club after last night's play-off defeat. Read about it here. You'll be missed Steve.

No comments: