Wednesday 18 March 2009

Textured

Rather more promptly that expected (but I'm not complaining), my new textured coil pot was back from firing. The glazes used where blue-grey for the lower section and marbled blue on the upper. Please feel free to take a trip to Webshots to see more of this and my other work.

Hopefully next week my thrown bowls will be ready for glazing.


















So that left me to start something new. I'm going to continue with the coiled, organic form for the time being but came to the conclusion my work is pretty much stuck at a uniform height of around 12 inches (300mm ish). The new one I intend to make bigger- I've made a good start with the base which is about diameter 10 inches (260mm) so that should give me scope to do interesting things. More on that and some work-in-progress images as the weeks go by.



Elsewhere last night, the Royals travelled to Doncaster and grabbed a late winner (0-1), bringing a necessary three points back to Berkshire. Former Reading favourite Dave Kitson- who has just returned on loan from Stoke- made the goal. Nice to have you back Dave.















One final thought- just how good is Law and Order:UK? Bradley Walsh (second from right, above) is an excellent choice in one of his too few serious roles and isn't it great hearing BSG's Jamie Bamber speaking with his native accent, as the Police side-kick?

2 comments:

TeresaB said...

ohhh, pretties!

Ceramix said...

Thanks, I do my best.