Monday 27 October 2008

Sunday Update

Just a brief update.

Yesterday I visited the Contemporary Craft and Design Show, at it's stop-over in the wonderful grounds of a nearby private school. Spent an enjoyable couple of hours browsing the 100 or so stalls and chatting with makers. I should be posting lots of pictures from the show but sadly there were numerous signs forbidding photography and every time I whipped out my camera for a sneaky click, I got seriously scowled at. Here's the link for the official site. My only real criticism of this event remains the same as for previous years and venues. This particular organisation seems to allow a disproportionate number of Jewellery makers into their events. Somehow it appears a little unbalanced in that regard.

Later I met with my uncle and aunt plus two of my cousins (the middle and youngest on that side, fact fans) with their respective wives and kids. I haven't seen the middle one and his family properly for years (they moved away, for a better life in the West Country) although we used to be quite close, brewing and 'sampling' wine and beer together (hic) among other things... The conversation was lively, while the Beef Madras was very good and although it sounds like an odd combination to follow, the Treacle Toffee Pudding with custard was excellent. Mmmm

No comments: