Wednesday 14 May 2008

Pox!

Yep- that's Little Lad having finally caught Chicken Pox from one of his pals no doubt.

Poor boy, you've got to feel sorry for him although to be fair he's not complaining. In fact his opening words to me were "Daddy I've got Chicken Pox. Look at my spots!" He seems to be incredibly proud of them and just as full of energy and mischief as ever I'm pleased to say. I had it in my early teens and recall being as miserable as sin, as they say. Since it's now the start of the school exam season, I'm thankful he's caught it now at age four and won't have to suffer later on when it could really have an impact on his studies etc.

Sadly that does mean we won't be able to go swimming for a week or so which is a real shame. Last Saturday's class was meant to have been his last but there were problems with the pool (again) and class was postponed. I can but hope the problems continue for a couple more weeks so we can get that last all important swim in when he's better. Is that being unfair and selfish towards the other kids and parents? I guess it is but if the roles were reversed I reckon each parent would be thinking along the same lines.

On a related note the open air pool just up the road opened recently for the season, which will be from now through to mid/late September depending on the weather. They keep this heated at a constant 22 degrees Celsius (around 72 deg F). Lovely. I might just drop in for a few lengths of an evening after visiting Little Lad. Now there's a thought.

No comments: