Tuesday 12 February 2008

Alien Coil Pot

I have arrived home with a finished piece of ceramic work- the first of 2008.

Here's a sneak preview but if you want to see more, please make your way in an orderly fashion to my page on Webshots. There's a handy link at the bottom of this page.

As the name suggests, this has been built (more or less) entirely from coiled clay. This is quite a slow process since you can only build up so many layers of clay before you have to leave it to consolidate and dry out. Otherwise you face the risk of collapse. So you need to be prepared to take your time and chill a little, which is great because you get the opportunity to think about exactly where the work is going in terms of shape and form. Am I going on a bit too much? Quite probably.

Anyway please do take a look and if you feel like telling me just how bad you think it is feel free. Then again, you might just like my work...

No comments: