Tuesday 16 April 2019

Easter At The Quarter

Really can't believe it but it has taken nearly a year to visit the newly opened ruins of Reading Abbey, or Abbey Quarter as it is officially known. With money from the Heritage Lottery Fund, I understand, the ruins of this once great structure have been stabilised, now permitting visitors unhindered access.

On my way back to the car from my annual opticians appointment I allowed myself chance to explore and snap a few shots. The sky was somewhat overcast and moody but I think it fair to say the Abbey doesn't look too bad. If you look closely at some of the below pictures, you might also get a glimpse of some of the more modern buildings and of the famous Victorian era Reading Prison. Oscar might be proud it still stands LOL.

















No comments: