Friday 23 November 2012

Mumbai Calling

Don't you just hate those annoying unsolicited sales phone calls that seem to plague our lives?

I mean most days when I get back from the office, there's usually at least one missed overseas call on my home phone. I don't get that many sales calls that originate in the UK since I registered with the Telephone Preference Service but those clever girls and boys in those pesky marketing companies have worked that if they subcontract the work to international subsidiaries or partners, they are not subject to UK law and there's not a thing we can do about it. Grrrr. 



Anyway today- in a rare occurrence- the caller actually left a message. Oddly it went like this (to be said with an Indian accent): "Customer speaking, message leaving... customer speaking, message leaving... customer speaking, message leaving." Click, end of call.

Can anyone care to explain LOL?

No comments: