Sunday 18 September 2011

At Last

I've been waiting a good while to publish Reading FC's results, in order to actually mention a win. Well here it is:

23 Aug Charlton 2 - 1 Reading
27 Aug Hull 1 - 0 Reading
10 Sept Reading 0 - 2 Watford
17 Sept Reading 2 - 0 Doncaster

The Royals are now in 14th out of 24 in the Championship.

Elsewhere, yes I admit Torchwood: Miracle Day didn't quite resolve itself as I had expected/predicted. Nevertheless it was still pretty poor, with key moments conveniently occurring off-screen so as to manufacture suspense for the viewer. Can't see the point of the cliff hanger "surprise" ending- unless Starz secretly intend to make a US-only version with their own not-so-unique central character- because I don't see Torchwood itself returning for a 5th I'm afraid.

A friend and former work colleague has also this week shared some news of a not so good kind. I'm thinking of them all.

Oh and finally have you noticed I've avoided mentioning how poorly some countries are currently doing in the Rugby World Cup? Oops think I just have LOL...

No comments: