Monday 28 February 2011

56

A few comments and thoughts for a Monday afternoon:

  • I knew it was going to be tough this time round but job seeking is proving to be harder than I thought. There just doesn't seem to be be many suitable positions out there but I try to remain positive.
  • The government is considering an increase to the motorway speed limit to 80mph (about 130kph). Having attended a speed awareness course recently I'm not sure I can agree.
  • Some readers will know I have an interest in tracing my family history. It's proving to be a whole lot of fun and quite informative. No connections yet to anyone famous or notorious mind you. I doubt there will be.
  • The Royals just about kept their promotions hopes alive on Saturday with a 3-all draw away at Crystal Palace.
  • Commercial television in the UK has got it's way and from today product placement will be permitted during certain programmes, together with an increase in the number of adverts per hour. Apparently this is in response to falling advertising revenue. Here's a thought- make better programmes. Audiences figures will rise and then you can charge more for advertisement spots.
  • Apparently attempts to move the UK permanently to Central European Time have been shelved. Would have made for lighter evenings but much darker mornings. Oddly reports suggest Spain is now considering moving back an hour to GMT.
  • My doctor told me this month I have a "lung age" of 56. Back on the meds for me. :-(

    No comments: