Friday 5 February 2010

Screened

Some people have been wondering exactly what it is my new job is all about. Me too LOL. Well I thought I'd post this picture I took today of part of one of our Anechoic chambers. These chambers are used to test electronic equipment and are screened to stop external radio signals getting in and affecting the measurements we make. Inside they are lined with absorbent material  to stop signals bouncing around. Bored already? Sorry.















I can't show any customer's work in progress, most of it is confidential  but I hope you get the general idea. Alternatively take a look at this picture I found on the web of a tank being tested...













I would imagine the tank was tested firstly to ensure no signals were "leaking" from it that a potential enemy could detect. Secondly I suspect the tank may have been bombarded to check that external signals didn't adversely affect it's systems. There you go: everything you need to know LOL!

1 comment:

wunderlust said...

Ooooh! How very techno-babble of you!

Sounds cool though. I have to admit, I'm rather jealous of you now. I love all that scientific stuff. It's great fun!

Enjoy your new job...