Monday 14 July 2008

Race

Yesterday my aunt C joined over 6000 women from the Reading area to take part in the Cancer Research UK (http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/) Race for Life. Needless to say she was running on behalf of her sister, my mum and we all went along to lend our support.

Due to certain restrictions, they actually held two races with approx 3000 in each. C was in the morning, when I guess it was a bit cooler thankfully. The course itself was 5km (about 3 1/2 miles) so not too long in itself but believe me there are some really steep parts. The going down might be fine but you've got to go up first! Anyway, well done C.


I don't know about you but for some reason I find Morris Dancers slightly disturbing. The prospect of a group of Morris Women in full traditional costume mostly dancing their way round the course is quite scary...

No comments: